Tuesday, November 10, 2015

People who hate "trend followers"

I haven't blogged in forever. Please forgive me! 
NanoWrimo has begun (National Writing Month, I am an author and I must write!)
Anywhoo moving on to the topic at hand.....


People Who Hate Trend followers:

Okay so here's we go: We as human beings and society go through these cycles of trends all the time. Some trends are brand new (not likely) and most get recycled (majority of the time, especially in fashion).

  • We always have those people who jump on the bandwagon and get all stary-eyed about whatever the trend is.
  • We always have those people who are too "independent" and "their own person" to dare acknowledge said trend. (why are there quotations marks around those words you ask? Simple: if you try too hard it's not genuine. Just a little #FF for the day)
And there are these people:

"OMG! Ugh! I can not believe people are following this trend. You guys be our own person."

This is what I hate!  Why are you giving other people shit for liking something? Who cares that it's a trend? Ever think, Um maybe they like it because well I don't know they just do?

I use to get a lot of shit for this when I was growing up. Soon as I see something that happened to be "popular" at the time and I liked it, it was always followed by: "OMG You're such a follower."

Um, no, no sweetie, I just like it. Like damn can a chick live?

This is just a PSA not everyone is a trend hopper (I like this phrase)! Sometimes a person can like Chipotle because the shit is good! Not because it's the place to eat. (This is just an example though Chipotle be poppin) 

No comments:

Post a Comment