Thursday, October 15, 2015

$20 doesn't get you poop

Before I start this rant, I would like to point out that when I spend actual cash if I get a five dollar bill back, I put it away and do not spend it again. It's a very effective saving money strategy. (I was able to pay of a credit card and put money down towards an apartment and pay for editing services on my book). I think everyone should try it, you'd be surprised how quickly you'll amass a nice chunk of change.

Moving on

So I went out for my lunch break. (I bring lunch to work so I do not have to spend more money then necessary. Seriously it's like ten plus dollars a day on lunch. That sh*t adds up...p.s is it okay to curse on here? LOL)

I decide hey let me get some coffee, I wanted a mid day treat and I didn't have any coffee this morning. I brought a medium from Dunkin Donuts it totaled around $3.26. Boom handed the lady a 20 and I got back a ten and a five and a dollar and some change. 

You guessed it! Five dollar bill went into my secret pocket to put into my savings and now I'm left with a ten dollar bill and a dollar bill.

Kept on going for my walk and then boom I realized I needed scrunchies (hair ties). I stopped at a girly store and went in got three for $5.50. 

Handed the lady my ten dollar bill and got back change and $4.

So lets recap:

And to save time we shall round up.
Started with a $20
Coffee: -$4
Got back $16.00
took out the five -$5.00
Left with: - $11
Needed Scrunchies- $6.00
Left with: five dollar bills.


Yes I know what you're thinking why am I paying that much for A) Coffee and B) Scrunchies?

Easy: 1) I like to treat myself from time to time and 2) I'm a curly haired girl. We go through scrunchies like water. I needed the scrunchies. 

Anyway moral of the story? $20 in New York gets you nada!

No comments:

Post a Comment